Apple picking in Long Island reaches its peak in late summer and fall, and you can take advantage of the apple picking Long Island 2019 season at one of the following great orchards and farms. Explore below, then plan your adventure soon! Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions, or explore more attractions like the Nautical Mile in Freeport!
Best Apple Picking Long Island NY Locations
- Harbes Farm: Ideal for family-friendly apple picking, the 78-acre Harbes Orchard features 27 different varieties of apple tree, and it uses an innovative trellis system to put plenty of fresh fruit right where even the smallest hands can grab them. They also offer a variety of fun activities for the whole family.
- Filasky Farm: Open throughout the growing season, Filasky Farm goes beyond apples in September and October. At other times of year, you can also pick peppers, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkins, strawberries, pears, tomatoes, blackberries, raspberries, and peaches.
- Hank’s Pumpkintown: As you’ve probably guessed, Hank’s is better known for pumpkins, but they also offer apple picking in September and October. While you’re there, you can also enjoy some hot or cold apple cider, pick up freshly baked pies, or treat yourself to candied apples.
- Seven Ponds Orchard: A favorite among Long Island families, Seven Ponds Orchard provides far more than just apple picking. You’ll also be able to take hayrides, navigate their corn maze, and visit their own farmers market. When you want a family day out, this one should be near the top of your list.
- Lewin Farms: For years, people have looked to Lewin for the best apple picking Long Island has to offer. A family farm now in its fourth generation, it was the first pick your own farm on Long Island, and they continue that tradition with a great selection of fields throughout spring, summer, and fall. When winter rolls around, you can even visit to cut your own Christmas tree.
Did We Miss Your Favorite Apple Orchard? Let Us Know
Whether you’re in Long Island, Staten Island, or Huntington, you’ll find a great venue for apple picking not too far away. The team here at Heritage Jaguar can point you towards anything from the best pizza in Brooklyn to best things to do in Huntington, and the top escape rooms in Long Island, so don’t hesitate to contact our Long Island team today.