Sports Car Safety Reaches its Zenith with the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE
Despite V8 performance and daring exuberance, the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE never shirks when it comes to delivering top-of-the-line safety scores and technologies. Its elegantly sculpted interior conceals a reassuringly protective chassis and state-of-the-art driver-assistance features, plus a whole host of performance-optimizing upgrades for precise control. Keep reading to learn more about the industry-leading safety features the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE provides.
The 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE can summon up to 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque from a 5.0L supercharged V8 to blaze from zero to 60 mph in just 3.5 seconds, and its exhilarating speed is complemented by a score of engineering features designed to ensure that you’re always in full command of your drive.
Such features include:
- Carbon Ceramic Matrix Braking: The highest performance braking system Jaguar has ever fitted features 6-piston front and 4-piston rear brake calipers, plus stunning and exclusive 20-inch forged alloy wheels.
- Adaptive Dynamics: Intelligently modifies the vehicle’s responsiveness to match both current road conditions and your own individual driving style. Acceleration, braking, cornering, and pedal activity are all painstakingly analyzed.
The lightweight chassis itself has been optimized to achieve peerless balance, and convertible models benefit from a rollover protection system to guarantee safety in the unlikely event of a collision occurring.
The 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE is content to supply drivers with cutting-edge safety features as standard, including:
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD): Measures the load you’re carrying and distributes braking force accordingly between the front and rear wheels for dependably superior stopping power.
- Dynamic Stability Control: Traction and stability control systems are combined to help eliminate wheelspin and understeer. If you want to encourage intentional wheelspin and vehicle rotation, just set to TracDSC mode.
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA): Gauges the speed at which you depress the brake pedal, then increases braking pressure to shorten your stopping distance in emergency situations.
If you commonly commute from Brooklyn or Uniondale into the city, you’ll want to take advantage of the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE’s available driver assistance technologies:
- Assisted Parking: Front and rear parking sensors deliver audible warnings while the Reverse Park Camera plays a live-feed on your 8-inch touchscreen.
- Blind Spot Monitor and Closing-Vehicle Sensing: Provides a handy warning indicator in the exterior rearview mirror when a car enters your blind-spot, and even lets you know when vehicles approaching from behind might make changing lanes hazardous.
- Reverse Traffic Detection: Radar technology is used to scan for oncoming vehicles in your path.
Safety Remains a Paramount Concern for the 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE
The 2017 Jaguar F-TYPE might be a performance-focused sports car, but it still instills perfect peace of mind. If you’d like to arrange a test drive or find out more, just contact Jaguar Freeport today, or feel free to visit our showroom — just east of JFK off Route 27.