2017 Jaguar XJR vs. 2016 Audi A8 L W12
Audi A8 L W12
Luxury sedan buyers near Freeport look to Jaguar for its tradition of luxury and performance. The 2017 Jaguar XJR is no exception. Luxury car drivers looking for their next vehicle inevitably research the XJR and compare it to the 2016 Audi A8 L W12. Both vehicles offer luxury, advanced features, comfort, convenience, and high performance, but we took a closer look at the two. Read this handy comparison to learn more about these two luxury vehicles.
Luxury car buyers are no strangers to high-priced vehicles; however, like any car buyer, they are still looking for value in that price tag. The 2017 Jaguar XJR starts at $118,000 MSRP while the 2016 A8 L W12 has a starting price of $137,900. Let’s take a closer look to see if there is any added value in that extra cost.
The XJR and the A8 both boast a number of advanced tech features sure to impress any driver. Comfort and convenience features are synonymous with luxury for many drivers. Both vehicles are equipped with a four-zone automatic climate control system that allows each occupant of the vehicle to set the temperature to their desired comfort level without disrupting the experience of the other occupants. This allows both vehicles to offer a comfortable ride experience in any climate. Let’s take a look at some of the features that set these vehicles apart.
The Jaguar XJR includes:
- 20-inch Farallon alloy wheels are sturdy and offer excellent traction and control.
- R-Styling includes a revised front bumper with aero splitter and sculptured intake, chrome grille, red brake calipers, and a rear spoiler give the XJR the look of a track-ready racer. Inside, heated and cooled leather seats with 14-way power adjustment with four-way lumbar ensure your comfort.
- All-surface progress control keeps you on the road in adverse conditions.
- Active differential and adaptive dynamics limit the slip between the rear wheels and give you better traction and control.
- Adaptive lighting and intelligent high-beam assist give you a view of the road closer to true daylight.
- ZF 8-speed transmission uses adaptive shift to improve economy and performance.
- InControl Touch Pro gives you control of navigation and apps right at your fingertips. InControl Protect allows you to call for service in emergency situations, while InControl Remote lets you check your fuel levels or start your car right from your smartphone.
- Meridian 825W Sound System includes 20 speakers, two subwoofers, and advanced EQ that lets you hear your music the way it was meant to be heard.
- Blind spot monitor notifies you of objects entering your blind spot for improved safety.
- Intelligent stop/start technology cuts power to the engine when you come to a full stop to conserve energy.
- Traffic sign recognition scans the road ahead and displays upcoming traffic signs right on the dash.
The Audi A8 L does have a few technology features to its credit, but we don’t think they’re enough to justify its higher price tag. Meanwhile, the 2017 Jaguar XJR has enough safety, convenience, and tech features to blow the competition off the road.
The Jaguar XJR is equipped with a supercharged 5.0L V8 that roars down the road with 550 hp. It can blast from 0-60 mpg in 4.4 seconds and can reach a top speed of 174 mph. The Audi A8 has a much smaller 3.0L V6 that puts out a significantly lower 330 hp. It would take 5.5 seconds to for it to go from 0-60 mph, and its top speed is a fraction of the Jaguar, coming in at 130 mph. Both vehicles harness their power with an 8-speed automatic for easy handling. For the price, you want a vehicle that outperforms the rest, and we think it’s clear the Jaguar XJR speeds far ahead of the Audi A8 L.
Feel the Jaguar XJR Difference
Freeport drivers looking for something more in a luxury vehicle can schedule a test drive of the XJR by calling (516) 771-9700 or using this convenient Jaguar Freeport online contact form. Don’t miss out on a vehicle of this caliber!