The 2017 Jaguar XE vs the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300
2017 Jaguar XE
2017 Mercedes-Benz C300
The 2017 Jaguar XE and the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300 jointly reign unchallenged at the forefront of the luxury compact sedan segment. Drivers from Brooklyn and Uniondale who demand vehicles that rest a cut above the rank and file are bound to be drawn to these two prestigious models, but the line between them often becomes blurred. Our competitive comparison helps you separate the front-runner from its second-place rival.
Power and Efficiency
Jaguar’s unflagging reputation for spirited performance stands in contrast with the less adventurous approach perennially adopted by Mercedes-Benz. That’s more than evident when you compare the 2017 Jaguar XE to the 2017 C300, with the Jaguar offering three groundbreaking engines to the Mercedes-Benz’s one.
XE engine options include:
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbo: Makes up to 240-hp and 251 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbocharged Diesel: Makes up to 180-hp and a stunning 318 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 3.0L Supercharged V6: Makes up to 340-hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque.
The C300 offers a 241-hp, 273 lb.-ft. of torque engine as the sole option. Holding ground with the entry-level powerhouse on the 2017 Jaguar XE, it falters dramatically next to the turbodiesel and the supercharged V6. Mileage peaks at an unimpressive 24 mpg in the city and 34 mpg on the highway, while the XE can achieve up to 32 mpg in the city and 42 mpg on the highway.
When it comes to power, performance, and efficiency, the XE allows Uniondale and Brooklyn drivers to take a creative approach and customize their own powertrains, all while the C300 sits in an uninspiring holding pattern and falls behind in terms of both output and mileage.
Interior Space and Features
Firing up the engine of the 2017 Jaguar XE will put more power at your disposal than could ever be granted by the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300, and the 2017 XE doubles down on that advantage by offering more space and a wider selection of comfort and convenience features.
With up to 15.9 cubic feet in the trunk vs a scant 12.6 with the C300, you’ll find it easy to pack anything from suitcases to golf clubs with room to space, and the lavish cabin has been elegantly designed to foster an open and inviting air. Once you’re sitting behind the driver’s seat, you’ll be able to take advantage of the following features:
- Driver Condition Monitor: Analyzes driver inputs to detect any breaks in concentration. If one is perceived, a break suggestion will be provided and the steering wheel will shake slightly.
- Meridian Sound System: The C300’s 590-watt, 13-speaker Burmester system is impressive in isolation, but it seems dated and underpowered next to the 17-speaker, 825-watt alternative in the 2017 XE.
- Configurable Dynamics: Fine-tune the engine, steering, gearshift, and suspension characteristics to meet the needs of your current drive.
The 2017 Jaguar XE Comes Out Visibly Ahead of the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300
The 2017 Jaguar XE delivers standout powerhouse engines and a dizzying array of technologies, placing it beyond the reach of even the 2017 Mercedes-Benz C300. To find out more, just visit Jaguar Freeport today.