The 2017 Jaguar XE vs the 2017 Acura TLX
2017 Jaguar XE
2017 Acura TLX
The 2017 Acura TLX is a nice step-up from your run-of-the-mill midsize sedan, but Brooklyn and Uniondale drivers will find it entirely wanting compared to a luxury thoroughbred like the 2017 Jaguar XE. With Acura, Honda’s upscale nameplate, you’ll only ever really receive what would come as standard with a top-tier Accord or Civic; with the 2017 Jaguar XE, you’ll drive home in a model painstakingly designed by a company that offers nothing less than the exceptional.
Power and Performance
The people at Jaguar understand that anyone who slips behind the wheel of a 2017 Jaguar XE is going to be looking for an exhilarating ride, so they’ve offered three available engines to appeal to the driving connoisseur:
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbo: Even the standard turbo four is potent enough to deliver up to 240-hp and 251 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbocharged Diesel: The diesel offers up to 180-hp and 318 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 3.0L Supercharged V6: A twin vortex supercharger generates up to 340-hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque.
In contrast, the Acura supplies painfully pedestrian performance, offering either a 206-hp, 182 lb.-ft. of torque four-cylinder or a 290-hp, 267 lb.-ft. of torque V6. The TLX can’t even cut it in terms of efficiency; peak mileage comes in at just 21 mpg in the city and 34 on the highway vs a phenomenal 32 and 42 with the 2017 XE*.
Comfort and Convenience Features
It probably comes as no great surprise to Brooklyn and Uniondale drivers to learn that the 2017 Acura TLX won’t be able to keep up with the 2017 Jaguar XE out on the open road, but there’s a vast gulf separating the two models when it comes to onboard features and technologies.
Here are just a few 2017 XE technologies that won’t make their way to the TLX:
- 10.2-Touchscreen: Jaguar’s InControl Touch Pro system features a top of the line touchscreen that makes controlling your inbuilt satnav system a breeze. The TLX’s 7-inch touchscreen looks cramped and dated in comparison.
- Head-Up Display: Uses laser technology to project essential vehicle information right onto your windshield, handily keeping it in your line-of-sight.
- Surround-View Camera: Multiple cameras combine to create 360-degree bird’s-eye images of the 2017 XE and its surrounding area. The TLX offers the same multi-angle rearview camera that comes as standard with the 2017 Honda Accord.
- InControl Wi-Fi: The vehicle’s high-power antenna creates a fast and reliable 3G Wi-Fi hotspot. With the TLX, you’ll have to dig into your smartphone’s data plan and trust its patchy connection to get onto the web.
The 2017 Jaguar XE is Now Available in Brooklyn and Uniondale
The 2017 Acura TLX might tout itself as an upscale model, but it can’t match the performance, efficiency, and quality of a true luxury vehicle like the 2017 Jaguar XE. To find out more, just contact one of the team at Jaguar Freeport today.