2017 Jaguar F-PACE vs 2017 Volvo XC60
2017 Jaguar F-PACE
2017 Volvo XC60
Both the 2017 Jaguar F-PACE and the 2017 Volvo XC60 are so strikingly beautiful and luxuriously equipped that it can be hard to choose between them. With first-class fittings and smoothly responsive power a mainstay of the upscale SUV segment, it’s close to impossible to point to one model as possessing any true deficiencies. However, close comparison can reveal what you’ll receive from the F-PACE that is lacking from the XC60.
Jaguar is synonymous with top of the line performance, so the F-PACE naturally outpaces the 2017 Volvo XC60 by offering the following engines:
- 3.0L Supercharged V6: Produces up to 380-hp and 332 lb.-ft. of torque, allowing drivers to go from zero to 60 mph in as little as 5.1-seconds.
- 2.0L Turbodiesel Inline-4: Delivers up to 180-hp alongside 318 lb.-ft. of torque, plus all the efficiency and maintenance advantages of a diesel.
The XC60 falls immediately and immensely behind by delivering a turbo four-cylinder good for just 240-hp and 280 lb.-ft. of torque. T6 and R-Design models upgrade to a 302-hp output, but performance is still markedly less inspiring than it is behind the wheel of an F-PACE.
When drivers consider run-of-the-mill autos, the engine represents the be-all, end-all when it comes to performance. What separates a vehicle like the 2017 F-PACE from its rivals is an ability to continue optimizing performance with the addition to several supplementary features, including:
- All Surface Progress Control (ASPC): Developed by Jaguar, this system can recognize differences between surfaces to maintain optimal control at all times.
- Torque Vectoring by Braking (TVbB): Enables sports car agility by controlling braking to the inside rear wheel during cornering.
- Adaptive Dynamics: Analyses steering and body movement up to 500 times a second, then modifies the vehicle’s response to conditions and your driving style.
- Configurable Dynamics: Allows drivers the freedom to fine-tune the engine, steering, gearshift, and suspension characteristics to best suit their personal driving style.
Unfortunately, you won’t find these features available with the 2017 Volvo XC60.
The 2017 Jaguar F-PACE doesn’t merely separate itself from the 2017 Volvo XC60 when it comes to what’s under the hood. You’ll also be able to take advantage of the following onboard technologies, all of them absent from the XC60.
- InControl Touch Pro: Use a responsive 10.2-inch touchscreen that boasts next-generation hardware and software to control your driving environment. The Volvo’s 7-inch display will appear second-rate in comparison.
- Head-Up Display (HUD): Employs laser technology to project important information right onto the windshield. Whether you need navigation from Brooklyn to Uniondale or simply current speed readings, information can be placed right within your line-of-sight.
The 2017 Volvo XC60 Will Need to Fight it Out for Second Place Against the 2017 Jaguar F-PACE
There’s very little wrong with the 2017 Volvo XC60, but it never strives for the same heights achieved by the 2017 Jaguar F-PACE. To find out more, just come down to Jaguar Freeport today.