2017 Jaguar F-PACE vs. 2017 Porsche Macan
2017 Jaguar F-PACE
2017 Porsche Macan
The 2017 Jaguar F-PACE crossover is one of the most elegant vehicles to hit Freeport, Brooklyn, and the South Shore of Long Island. Whether you need a new family vehicle or you just like the ride height and capabilities of a luxury crossover, the F-PACE is it.
Making a strong debut in its first model year, this Jaguar crossover is unlike anything else on the road. To give you an idea of just how the F-PACE differentiates itself, we’ve put it up against the 2017 Porsche Macan for comparison.
Under the Hood
While both the Macan and the F-PACE come with standard all-wheel drive, the Jaguar has a few advantages when it comes to the powertrain:
- Transmission: The smooth-shifting 8-speed automatic transmission and paddle shifters give the Jaguar an edge over the 7-speed automatic (sans paddle shifters) on the Porsche.
- Power: While the Porsche has an engine upgrade that can compete with the 340-hp supercharged V6 of the F-PACE, its base engine simply does not hold its own, offering just 252 hp.
- Towing: The Macan can tow as much as 4,409 pounds when properly equipped while the Jaguar has no trouble towing up to 5,290 pounds.
Jaguar also gives drivers the option of a special version of that supercharged V6 (with an upgrade to 380 hp) as well as a turbodiesel choice for a more environmentally friendly ride.
Drivers expect a certain kind of power from a Jaguar, so one might expect the Porsche to fall short in that regard, but vehicles like the 2017 Jaguar F-PACE are about more than just a powerful engine. The interior carries a level of class and sophistication that even a Porsche has trouble competing with.
- InControl Infotainment System: This Jaguar connectivity and emergency notification system brings all of your vehicle needs together in one convenient place. The Macan’s tech features lie scattered about the cabin.
- Meridian Stereo System: The 11-speaker Meridian sound system gives your driving soundtrack that extra bit of clarity over the Porsche’s standard 10-speaker stereo.
- Automatic Speed Limiter: There will be times you’ll need to hand off the keys to your Jaguar, and it’s good to know they won’t be taking any joyrides and aiming for that redline. The Porsche has no speed limiter available.
These advantages all come with the base price of just $40,990 (MSRP)—the Porsche Macan starts at $55,450.
Test Drive a Jaguar
We’ve just scratched the surface of what makes the 2017 Jaguar F-PACE such a remarkable luxury crossover, but we think two things are clear: You should see this vehicle for yourself, and it has a significant edge in features, power, and price over the competing Porsche.
Visit Jaguar Freeport today to get behind the wheel of this exciting new crossover; our dealership is conveniently located for Brooklyn and Long Island drivers at 146 West Sunrise Highway in Freeport. Contact us online or give us a call at (516) 771-9700 to schedule some quality time behind the wheel of a new Jaguar like the F-PACE.