2016 Jaguar F-TYPE R vs 2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Jaguar F-Type R
Porsche 911 Carrera GTS
Racer Faceoff: Comparing the 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe vs. the 2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Near Freeport, South Shore of Long Island, and Brooklyn
Two muscular and sporty driver favorites face off in a comparison between the 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe vs. the 2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS, with the Jaguar F-TYPE R emerging as the clear victor in various areas.
Drivers in Freeport, the South Shore of Long Island, and Brooklyn can experience the new F-TYPE R Coupe at Jaguar Freeport. Our state-of-the-art facility is located at 146 Sunrise Highway in Freeport, which is only:
- Seven minutes from the South Shore of Long Island via Merrick Road and NY-27 West
- 45 minutes from Brooklyn via Southern State Parkway
In terms of performance capability, the F-TYPE R Coupe is the uncontestable winner, powered by a 5.0L supercharged V8 engine that generates a whopping 550 hp and up to 502 lb-ft of torque. It also boasts an acceleration speed of 0-60 mph in an impressive 3.9 seconds.
The Porsche 911 Carrera GTS, by comparison, features an aspirated 3.8L boxer engine that produces only 430 hp and 324.5 lb-ft of torque—coming up significantly short in contrast to the F-TYPE R Coupe’s capability.
Acceleration ability in the manual transmission 911 Carrera GTS also falls below the F-TYPE R Coupe’s acceleration power, with an acceleration speed of 0-60 mph in a less impressive 4.2 seconds.
Price difference is a significant factor that will strike motorists when comparing these two powerhouse vehicles.
The F-TYPE R Coupe and the 911 Carrera GTS are distanced apart in price by about $10,000 at their base cost, with beginning MSRP for the F-TYPE R Coupe starting at $103,600 and MSRP starting at $114,200 for the 911 Carrera GTS.
Operating a racing vehicle and maneuvering at high speeds can bring inherent risk for even the most skilled of drivers. This factor makes safety features an important consideration for anyone looking to invest in one of these two racing vehicles.
The F-TYPE R Coupe boasts an impressive array of safety offerings and driver-assistance features, providing optimum protection for the car’s occupants, such as:
- Rollover protection system
- Electronic brake force distribution
- Front and side airbags with driver and passenger information sensors
- Advanced seatbelt pretensioners
- Dynamic Stability Control with TracDSC mode
- Emergency brake assist
- Available front and rear parking aids with audible warnings, informational touch screen, and Reverse Park Camera
- Available Blind Spot Monitor and Closing-Vehicle Sensing
- Available intelligence high beam system
- Available Reverse Traffic Detection
The safety features listed on the Porsche 911 Carrera GTS model website are few, with only the following safety offerings mentioned:
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) system that features six-piston aluminum Monobloc fixed brake calipers and four-piston rear units
- Bi-Xenon headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- LED main headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PLDS+)
Experience Dizzying Speed and Impeccable Performance
Consumers and motoring enthusiasts can explore the many commendable qualities of the 2016 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe and also test drive this breathtaking model at Jaguar Freeport. Visit our world-class showroom or contact us today to obtain more information about this impressive racing vehicle or to schedule a test drive.