Our 2016 Jaguar XE Review—What You Need to Know
As news trickles out about one of the most anticipated luxury sedans on the market, we’ve been keeping our eyes out for the best 2016 Jaguar XE reviews to share with Freeport drivers. We know that many of you are excited about the engines coming on the new sport sedan, and we want to make sure you know what to expect.
Three Pedals for the New Jaguar
While we know that some drivers are more than happy to have just the brake and the gas on their Jaguar, we also know that many of you want—no, need—the control that comes with a manual transmission. Jaguar has made it clear that they aren’t just doing this for the manual transmission enthusiasts, though; they’re doing it because it makes good business sense as well.
From Joe Eberhardt, Jaguar North America CEO, speaking to Car and Driver:
Jaguar is already offering the manual on several versions of the F-TYPE, where the customer take rate is at a solid 10-to-20 percent. “It is enough to be worth the investment, and we are happy with our decision,” Eberhardt tells us. And beyond just the numbers, he points out the benefits in image and performance credibility.
What Powers the 2016 Jaguar XE?
The highlight of any 2016 Jaguar XE review is an overview of the engines—all five of them.
- A 2.0L turbocharged diesel engine delivers 163 hp and 280 lb-ft of torque.
- There is also a 2.0L turbodiesel with 180 hp and 317 lb-ft of torque.
- On the petrol/gasoline front, the base engine is a 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder with 200 hp and 206 lb-ft of torque.
- As with the diesel engines, there’s an upgraded version of the turbocharged engine with 240 hp and 250 lb-ft of torque.
- The crown jewel of the Jaguar XE engines is the 3.0L supercharged V6 with 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque and a 0-60 mph time of just 4.9 seconds.
Drivers should expect both a 6-speed manual and an 8-speed automatic transmission available when it comes time to drive their XE home.
Learn More at Jaguar Freeport
If you have any questions or want something confirmed that you read in a 2016 Jaguar XE review, contact Jaguar Freeport today. One of our XE experts will break down everything you can expect from the new car.